Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Little Like Lily


As I was praying about what I wanted to share this week at woman's study, I came across this video and immediately thought "this is perfect". 

Some of you are probably thinking "where in the world is the biblical connection?" 

I know, it is kind of a stretch. 

The passage we went over was in Matthew 7

We discussed the idea of persistent prayer, receiving God's blessings and how to use them when our prayers are answered. 

The two things I wanted them to take away from this video were: 

1.) God knows the desires of our heart. When Lily was opening up her presents she would ask "how did you know I wanted this?! how?". So often the Lord denies us of what we ask for and gives us something even GREATER. So great that we always end up asking "how did you know I needed this Lord. How?!" His gifts to us are perfect. 

2.) After Lily was done receiving all her gifts,  her mother asks "okay, so where do you want to go with all these things?". Of course, her answer was Disneyland. However, I think that after the Lord spoils us with His abundant blessings, the question is "okay so how are we going to use these gifts". We not only should be receiving His grace, but we should be using it for His glory as well. 

So often God looks upon us as we looked upon Lily. Besides, to Him, we are all children. He knows our heart so intimately and He knows EXACTLY what we need. 

Now all we have to do is ask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment